1. IT’S THE LAST DAY OF SCHOOL (for the local kids)!!! ETHAN ONLY HAS 3 DAYS NEXT WEEK AND THEN WE’RE TOTALLY DONE!!!
2. Whew. Sorry about the yelling, but I’m pretty excited about NEVER having to set my alarm for 5:30 again. Well, ok, I’m sure at some point in my life I’ll have to get up at 5:30, but not for 180 days in a single school year. Hail, hail cyber school!
3. We received a very distressing phone call yesterday morning. Bennett and Laura’s principal had passed away. I barely knew the man (I don’t tend to need much interaction with principals as a rule), but for some reason this hit me rather hard. He was my age and had a wife and two young daughters (4&9) that he left behind. Heartbreaking.
4. We are dealing with the “remnants” of tropical storm Andrea. Lots and lots and lots of rain. I only wish we already had our pool up so we could save money on the water delivery!
5. In my last post, I mentioned that I was going to the hair salon for a lighter brown. Hmmmm…..I don’t know if it’s because of what I did with the Color Oops, but it looks just about as dark as before. I wanted a noticeably lighter brown. Once the salon opens I’m going to call and see if I can get some of the color stripped. I didn’t go through all that smelly stuff just to end up where I started!
6. Hey! Neat Product Alert! PB2. It’s POWDERED peanut butter. Hungry Girl recommended it, but 1) I never saw it in the store and 2) she really has different taste buds than me. However, I saw it at my local Super WalMart a few days ago and decided to take the plunge. A) I can’t really eat regular peanut butter because of the crazy-high fat content. My meds just won’t accept it and I get sick. B) It was $4.68, which for a splurge was within the ok range. Guess what? It’s pretty good! Two tbsp powder equals 45 cals, 1.5 grams fat, 5 grams carbs and 5 grams protein. I would definitely put it on a sandwich with jelly. In fact, I just might do it today!
7. I was fooling around on YouTube this morning and found one of my all-time favorite Classic Sesame Street songs. For those of you who watched in the 70′s, didn’t you love this too?