1. I know this is a little late–I usually am able to press “publish” fairly early in the morning. But last night was rotten..ROTTEN…so I was somewhat of a zombie this morning. Then the kids had either off or a half day depending on the child, so it was a little busier and then…well, you get the idea!
2. Today was Jim’s final day of employment. We’ve gotten some calls from recruiters and he’ll be sending in his resume to at least three companies that I know of. Matthew 6:34 is now my mantra: Therefore do not worry about tomorrow for today has enough trouble of its own.
3. It’s 9:53pm. The children are nestled all snug in their beds, the house is silent except for the hum of my PC. Jim’s away for the weekend on an elder retreat. I’m not fond of the times that he’s away. It makes for very quiet evenings and mornings and I have a harder time sleeping.
4. The pastor is also away at this retreat, so I invited the pastor’s wife and their two little ones over for the day tomorrow. I figured, win-win…she gets out of her small empty house, we share the parenting, build the new friendship, enjoy the time together, and hopefully don’t miss our husbands quite so much. Hopefully.
5. In the vanity department, last week at Queen for the Day, I got my nails painted fire engine red. They looked great. GREAT. For maybe two days and then they started chipping. Lighter shades may not have as much impact, but the chipping is much less noticeable!
6. In one week I will be 42. It’s been two whole years since I started the 40’s and let me tell you, gals, I LOVE THIS DECADE. Seriously. Better than any of the other ones. This is by far the best decade yet. I’m loving who I am and where I am in life, the freedom I have and the confidence with which I’m facing things. I can’t wait to see what the next 8 years are going to hold. 😀
7. Bottom Dollar opened this past week with much fanfare. I have to say, though, that except for their “loss leaders”, their prices are comparable to WalMart. And they don’t even carry herbal tea. And they DON’T BAG YOUR GROCERIES. WHAT? If they are trying to compete with WM, I’m not seeing them win. I’ll be shopping the loss leaders in their weekly circular and that’s about it.
7 weeks until Christmas, folks. Time to start panicking! 😀