1. Another week…ZOOM..come and gone. Jim was on vacation from his job (I say that because he worked at home instead) and invested a lot of sweat into the current plumbing problem we are facing. When whomever built our home, the plumber they hired was less than, well, good. He cut through our 2×8 (should have been 2×10) joist to run the pipes for the master bathroom toilet., leaving just a few inches. The toilet sits right on top of this joist. NOT GOOD. Right now there’s a huge hole in the kitchen ceiling and it’s down to rotted subfloor in the bathroom. We’re sharing bathroom digs with the kids and that’s–shall we say–interesting.
2. Pursuant to #1, I’m continually grateful that Jim was a contractor for years before we got married.
3. The contractor is coming over this afternoon to nail down the particulars, like a date and actual amount. His “we can reduce the bid enough for you to afford it” bid was still $10,000 too high. We even told him what the bank was giving us. ::rolling eyes::
4. Our local elementary school is doing their semi-annual clothing drive. It’s a win-win-win situation: We get rid of unwanted clothes and toys. The PTO makes money. The clothes go to Africa for those who have far less.
5. The time with my friend yesterday went very well. We did seem to pick up right where we left off, although I haven’t seen her in four years, and it will likely be the same amount of time until I see her again. She serves in Western Africa, which isn’t quite the quick drive from Pennsylvania! We went to Panera Bread (yummy!) and I had my new favorite drink, a caramel latte.
6. When I went to bed last night I was honestly “talked out”. I visited with my friend (1 1/2 hours), my mother (2 hours), my mother in law (1 hour, although that included a dr appt) and my old neighbor (phone for 1 hr 45 mins). That, People, was a LOT Of talking for one day! (And that doesn’t include the regular stuff with the kids and Jim!)
7. I stopped taking the Byetta. It didn’t work nearly as well this time around and I just couldn’t make myself do the shot every morning, especially knowing it was not something I HAD to do. I’m still stable at the 10-12 lbs lost from the last go-around on it in 2009, so I’ll be happy with that.
Have a happy weekend everyone! Snuggle your kids and spouse and spend some time in the sun if you can. Vitamin D is good for you!