1. Wonder of wonders, miracle of miracles (name that movie!), we got a TAX RETURN! Those of you who are self-employed know how weird this is. I was completely not expecting it and when the CPA told me about it I actually didn’t believe him. And he’s a Dave Ramsey ELP! The money hit our checking account the same day the check from our PA state taxes got processed, so that was rather handy, don’t you agree?? 🙂
2. Jim is working a contract right now, which I love. However, they had an audit this week and he was working an average of 10-12 hour days until yesterday. While I can handle the single parenting, boy, did I miss him! My love languages are quality time and physical touch, neither of which got spoken this week. 😦
3. As I’m typing, the dog is going insane about the trash men. Anyone have ANY SUGGESTIONS AT ALL about how to stop a dog from barking ALL FREAKING DAY LONG AT ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING that drives by our house (let alone…shudder…dares to stop at our house!)??? Let me add this to the 1000 reasons why cats are better than dogs.
4. The only things so far that I’ve found dogs are better than cats are: they lick up/eat things that you spill and make you feel safer at night when your husband is away. Other than that, yeah, cats are just better.
5. I have a pile of books (literally!) from both my mother and mother in law that I am finally getting around to read. So far I’ve had my socks completely knocked off by the first of two books by Susan Elia MacNeal. Mr. Churchill’s Secretary is AMAZING. It takes place in England in 1940–right before America joined the war. It’s got the historical aspect–VERY well researched–as well as the mystery aspect. Although I’m not typically a mystery person, this one definitely kept me guessing and wondering and guessing some more. Well worth the read!
6. 6 WEEKS LEFT OF SCHOOL!! I am so unbelievably ready for school and the schedule and the early mornings to be finished. We have a fairly packed summer already, but nothing that requires 5:30 alarms. Thank goodness!
7. I’m going to bake today. Sugar Dusted Apple Bundt Cake. It was an ad in a magazine. The cake looked so good and I had everything except the canned apples (which I then bought) that I’m actually going to bake. From scratch. Which, is you know me at all by now, you know that just doesn’t happen. At all. Ever. I expect massive thanks and bowing when I serve it, and will let everyone in the family know beforehand. 😀
Have a wonderful weekend, People.