Last Monday the septic design person (Ashley) walked the design to the health department. I texted her (because doesn’t everyone text with their trades?!) on Thursday and found out the health department will look at it NEXT MONDAY–a whole week after they received it.
On the better news side, though, the sellers hired Ashley and her husband, so I actually get real information. It was making me crazy to not know anything.
THEORETICALLY, here is the schedule for the next weeks:
- Monday, Health department reviews design, sees nothing wrong an approves it.
- Wednesday, Ashley and Angelo (her husband) head over and start the digging and replacing and building of the new system.
- The weather is utterly perfect for the next few weeks so everything goes perfectly.
- Thursday, Friday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday work continues.
- Oops, hello Thanksgiving! While I normally love you, you are mucking things up!
- Wednesday the work is at such a place that the mortgage inspector can come and say, yes, they have a working septic, so we can continue on with getting our mortgage.
- Friday they finish up the job site, putting down sod, straw and whatever else is required.
- Monday 27th we go to settlement.
That’s the “Everything Is Perfect Plan” Reality, though, could change things. The weather could prevent them from starting, or interrupt the process. The inspector could not be able to get out before Thanksgiving, I don’t know what else could happen, but let’s assume all that does happen. “The Worst Plan” (ok, not the worst, the worst would be something catastrophic, which I cannot foresee), how about “The Not Everything Is Perfect Plan” – We go to settlement on November 30th or even bump it into December.
So, hey, we are really finally moving forward. I’m definitely going to be stopping by the jobsite and taking pictures and I will be posting them, because after all this you deserve to see it!