Today marks 14 weeks since we started. The end is actually in sight. Most of the interiors of the cabinets are in. The granite is in. Half of the backsplash is tiled. However, I can’t put the shelves or drawers in the island until the cover panels are on. I can’t put in the interiors of the cabinets to the right of the fridge in until we take off the fridge panel, take a bit off the bottom to fit the flooring, and then reinstall. Too much sawdust!
So, today I’m taking a day off the kitchen (I’ve worked on it every day this week so far!). It’s a little weird, I’ll admit!
This weekend we will:
- Tile stove wall, grout both walls
- Remove aforementioned fridge panels, cut a bit off the bottom and then reinstall.
- Install the drawers/shelves in two cabinets
- Install floor
- Get water working for dishwasher and hopefully sink.
If we have time:
- Install cover panels on sides of island
- Put in shelves and drawers in island
Busy and really productive weekend ahead!