1. I’d love to sit here and say that I haven’t blogged in a week because there was just so much interesting stuff going on that I didn’t have time. The reality, unfortunately, is that Tuesday afternoon I picked Laura up at school. She stayed home with a stomach thing Wednesday and Thursday. Bennett stayed home with the same stomach thing Thursday. Ethan has a fever/congestion/tired virus Wednesday and Thursday. So yeah, I didn’t blog.
2. I’m currently waiting for a call from a producer of the Chica Show. Ethan and I had an audition on Monday for a short part in one of their shows. They needed a blind child. The producer is from the Overbrook area and knew about the school, so she called someone there. That someone called the parent liaison, who then called several girls and us. The audition went really well, surprisingly, but I’m not getting my hopes up. Mostly. Ok, a little bit. It would be a lot of fun to do it and I KNOW that Ethan would have a great time.
3. Jim starts his new contract on Monday. Hallelujah and hear the angels sing!
4. Because of #3, I just made reservations for a summer trip to Beaver Island, which is near the top of Lake Michigan. Jim’s family has a long history of going there. They have a cabin there, so that’s helpful. Please note, however, we live in southeastern PA. It’s a two-day drive each way, plus a 2.5 hour ferry trip to get from the mainland to the island. Lots of planning and stuff has to happen, but thankfully we have a few months to work everything out.
5. Because of #1’s amount of sickness, I had to postpone Laura and Bennett’s audition at CPFA. Both were actually happy about this, as it allows for more practice time. Laura is having absolute conniptions about singing BY HERSELF in front of people. Which I completely get, because I did a fair amount of trying out in my school days. She is so like me sometimes!!
6. Backstory: Ethan receives free Braille books during the year from different organizations. One of them, Braille Institute, actually sends a small catalog that he gets to choose from. We go through the books and their descriptions and he narrows it down to four and then we order. This time around, two of the books sounded actually pretty good to me. So although he didn’t order them (and it wouldn’t have mattered anyway since I don’t fluently read braille), I got them from our local library. And let me tell you, if you are willing to read YA fiction READ THIS BOOK:
It was FANTASTIC. I read it in about 2 days–had a hard time putting it down–and am anxiously awaiting Book #2 to get into the library. Book #3 isn’t out yet, so I’m going to have to be patient with that.
7. Did anyone get threatened with the big ‘Saturn storm” like we did and then literally absolutely nothing beyond a little rain? I don’t understand how meteorologists keep their jobs when they are so consistently wrong!