1. Yes, it’s an actual 7QT’s from Multiple Mom! The sky is falling! The sky is falling!
2. I woke up this morning with the thought in my head (besides, Why O why did I wake up so early when I don’t have to?) that there are only 3 1/2 weeks left until school. One the one hand, SCHOOL! Yellow buses coming to take my children away all day! SCHOOOOOOL!
On the other hand, Oh…my…word! Middle School, which starts at 8:00am instead of elementary’s 9:15am, and in which my children are the first people on the bus instead of the last ones. Our bus schedule (unless they decide to change it) will be: Bennett & Laura: 6:32. Ethan: 7:05. Catie: 8:45. Yup, Bennett and Laura will have to get on the bus TWO WHOLE HOURS earlier than they did in June. Crazy! I’m not exactly sure how they is going to be accomplished, but we’ll hopefully figure it out. Before the first day.
3. Also, pursuant to #2, the two local middle schoolers (as opposed to Ethan, who goes to school 1.5 hours away) have summer homework. They must read two books from a list given by the school district and then journal about them. 3.5 weeks left, people. The books are out of the library and in our living room, but I don’t think any of them have been opened, let alone read, let alone written about. I hope this is not a portent of things to come.
4. We make our last payment to karate on Tuesday. I made the mistake of signing a year’s contract (instead of a shorter term) and the kids wanted the summer off. Master T gave us the chance to make up the time in the fall, but I’m not jumping at this. While the kids (and I) enjoyed karate, the added $214 each month will be very welcome, as will the evenings NOT spent at the facility.
5. We are still working out the specifics of the Room Change from the last post. I haven’t purchased the four desks yet. Yeah, that’s a large expense for us in August. August is comprised of: Back to school clothes. Back to school supplies. Three children’s birthday gifts. Three children’s birthday party. Plus, each child gets to pick dinner of their choice, and I can guarantee you it will involved pizza or McDonald’s. Having three children at one time is not the cheapest thing to do!
6. Pursuant to the clothing part of #5, I just set up my twice-yearly appointment with my friend-who-has-triplet-boys-two-years-older-than-my-kids. I shop there in the spring and fall. Or late winter and late summer, really. This worked out GREAT up until a year or so ago. Now her boys have hit puberty and hit it hard. They SHOT UP and her clothes are no longer 1-2 sizes bigger but more than. I’m having to buy more at outgrown sales. At least I’m not doing uniforms for three this year. Only Catie is in them and she’ll be wearing Laura’s outgrown ones, much to her disgruntlement. She doesn’t mind hand-me-downs or used clothing from anyone except her sister. 😛
7. BBC America is rerunning all of the Doctor Who episodes from David Tennant. While Matt Smith (11th) is fine, NO ONE can match David Tennant. Except Tom Baker. If you could take Tom Baker (3rd Doctor) and put him in modern day, I’d be pretty darn happy. Yes, I love Science Fiction! I’m pretty much a nerd’s dream date. 🙂
I hope you are enjoying your summer vacations as much as I am!