1. 9 days until Christmas. Gulp! I’ve been so busy! Gift buying is thankfully finished, as is the first batch of fudge (and mostly given out today, the last day of school for my local-school kids. The tree is still only trimmed with the kids’ things and the adult stuff is still out. I haven’t wrapped, gotten our picture (and my hair SO needs to be colored!) or even thought about cards. Why, o why, does our Lord’s birth have to be celebrated with such a long to-do list??
2. Laura Update: The rheumatologist thinks it’s probably arthritis, but wants to wait for the blood work results as well as the bone scan. Blood work was yesterday, bone scan is on Monday. In the meantime, she’ll be on Naproxen (prescription strength Alleve) and needs orthotics in her shoes (gets fitted next Thursday). This morning I asked her how she felt after the Naproxin had time to take effect. Her answer? NOTHING HURTS!! For the first time in almost 3 months! Hallelujah!
3. I admit that I’ve been running around a little like the proverbial chicken with its head cut off. We haven’t had this medical stuff in so many years that I’m out of practice with it. I have, however, been keeping everyone (pediatrician, nurse, even gym teacher!) in the loop–I’m a FIRM believer in inclusion when it comes to information. The more everyone knows, the better they can handle the situation.
4. My next-door neighbor and I are building a nice new friendship. It’s hard working around kids and her work schedule, but I’m happy to have a “next-door friend” again after losing my last one when she moved.
5. Pursuant to #4, I’m babysitting her son for a few hours tomorrow. He’s 16 months old. Consequently, I need to get on my hands and knees and see what he can put in his mouth and choke on. The older kids get, the smaller their toys get!
6. One of my children is really doing a LOT of lying lately. I’m not one to be a good mother and sit down and look at verses on stuff with the kids, but in this case, this child and I are going to do just that. We’ll look up the verse and what God has to say on lying and that child is going to write it down. Because both Jim and I are getting extremely fed up with the situation!
7. I wish I could think of a seventh thing, but I just can’t. Enjoy your weekend, everyone!