1. 3 1/2 weeks until Christmas. I’m slowly making my way through my gift-buying. I really need to sit down and put some major thought into it, or I’m going to be too late and then freak out.
2. Laura’s MRI is scheduled for Thursday. We’re going to try and attempt non-sedated (she’ll watch a movie), because the first sedated MRI slot was more than a week later than that! We’re again heading in Philadelphia, but I’m going a completely different way, which should alleviate a lot of the stress. Theoretically at least.
3. I’m surrounded by many piles in my house. Paperwork, art stuff, decorations…I really need to buckle down and deal with them. But blogging is so much more fun, don’t you think? 😀 However, I’m hosting bible study next Tuesday, so the house will look FABULOUS by then!
4. The kids are starting the countdown to the end of school. The local school’s last day is the 16th, which I personally think is insane. I would rather have had a shorter winter break and a longer spring break. Sigh. What am I going to do with them all those days before the new toys hit??
5. We just found out that one of our kitties, Winky, is in renal failure. We’re trying her on a special low-protein kidney cat food to see if that helps. I’m not looking forward to breaking the news to the kids that she’s very sick. They adore her.
6. I just got Thum at the drugstore. You paint your kids’ nails with it to encourage them to stop biting their nails. Both Bennett and Laura chew their nails a LOT. I’m a cuticle picker, so they come by it naturally. Let’s hope this helps!
7. We started reading the Advent passages last night while decorating our Advent calendar. It’s a large felt Christmas tree with 24 felt pockets with felt decorations. My mother’s next door neighbor handmade it back in the late 60’s/early 70’s. I remember being thrilled at reaching December 16th because whoever did that day got to put up Baby Jesus. I love passing down this tradition to my kids!