1. WHAT. A. WEEK!! We lost power at 10:30 Saturday night right as Irene started. We didn’t get it back until Monday afternoon around 2:30. No power, no water. Four children. Two adults. Monday we went over to Jim’s mom’s because she had power and flushing toilets. The things we take for granted!
2. Pursuant to #1, the first day of school was postponed until Tuesday. The kids were thrilled, although I wasn’t because of the cause of the delay. So far the uniforms are working out. I have to do laundry a little more frequently, but it will be ok, I think. Easier once we hit cold weather and they have more long pants.
3. Jim and I booked our 16th anniversary getaway. Having not had many dates this year, and having not gotten away for the last two anniversaries, we’re going to the Poconos, to this place. Looks nice, no? Jim’s mom will watch the kids for the weekend. Nearby, Jim Thorpe (which sounds like a person but is really a town) is having their fall folliage festival, which looks really neat. All in all, I’m really looking forward to the weekend!
4. Although I’ve said we haven’t had many dates, tonight we happen to be going to one. Twin Brook Winery has a concert series. You bring your outside chairs, some munchies and sit and listen. Oh, and you can have some wine too if you want, although I’m not overly fond of it. I went to our local cheese shop (mmmm!) and bought four different kinds. I can’t wait until tonight!
5. Ethan had his 6 month eval with the agency providing the MT (mobile therapist) in our home. Jim and I are not seeing any changes at all and are giving this thing 4 more months. That’s it. That will be just a month shy of two years. After that, we just accept that we have two sets of children…Bennett, Laura and Catie on one side and Ethan on the other. We’ve been trying to fix this for YEARS and it’s honestly not working. Just two days ago I overheard a conversation where Catie asked Bennett and Laura if they liked Ethan. No, they agreed, they didn’t. It breaks my heart.
6. The kids are sleeping in this morning! After three days of school and being allowed to stay up late last night, it’s a luxury. Although Laura got up earlier than I did so she could play her DS quietly. The weirdo. I will always choose sleep. Unless there’s a good book. Books win over sleep a lot of times!
7. The title of our poconos getaway’s website is:
Brand new hot tub recently installed try some adventure or simply relax!!!
I emailed the owners and said “you DO realize how suggestive that sounds, don’t you? 🙂
Yeah, I’m THAT person!