1. Hello to everyone from Summer Vacation. I get to say that now because Ethan just got on the bus for his last day of school. So, other than Sundays we get to SLEEP IN. I mean, it’s 7:24 and the other kids are still asleep. This is AWESOME. Peace and quiet by myself with only the chirping birds (and the clicking of keys) to keep me company. Vacation has its benefits.
2. What’s the opposite of benefits? Oh, that would be DOWNSIDES. Summer vacation has those as well. We’re already experiencing “too much togetherness” syndrome after four whole days. And that’s without Ethan! VBS starts next week and we have two friends we’ll visit with, so that will help. ::pitter, patter:: Hi Laura. 4th day in a row of her getting up first. So much for me and the chirping birds. It’s 7:27, so that was a short bit of time!
3. I like to go to yard sales. I admit it. But I want the trip to be worth it, so I only do “neighborhood-wide” types. In our area, there are typically 6 that I go to each summer–2 south of Coatesville (already done), one in the nearby townhouses (already done), one west of WalMart (that’s tomorrow) and two in the same neighborhood–one in the houses and one in the townhouses section. It’s not even the end of June and I’m already 4/6th the way finished. I often look for girl’s clothes because I don’t really inherit a lot of them or have someone to buy from like I do with the boys. Unfortunately, our district is switch to a uniform (more of a strict dress code), so this will make clothing buying very interesting. I just checked walmart.com and they have polo shirts for $7 each. If I only buy five for each of the three, that’s $105 just in shirts. YIKES. I’m definitely spoiled by yard sales.
4. We sat and watched some “baby movies” from before Catie was born yesterday. I don’t remember most of them–that time in my life is such a blur. I’m thankful to have survived and that my children have thrived, but man, you couldn’t pay me to go back!
5. Jim finished up his contract and is looking for another one. I have to tell you, I didn’t know I had to learn such a lesson in trust. Seriously. This year has been HARD with that issue. Both with God and Jim.
6.Bennett and Catie both used their karate on their sister to inflict pain. BAD NEWS. I talked to them. Jim talked to them. I brought it up to one of the instructors and SHE talked to the whole class. If one of them does it again we will take them out of karate. I’m not having them do this so they get better ideas of how to beat up their siblings!
7. 10 weeks left of summer vacation. I’ll bet it’s going to go fast!