1. It’s been quite a week around here. Last Friday 1/2 day. Monday no school for MLK day. Tuesday snow day. Wednesday 2 hr delay. Thursday regular school day. Friday (today), 2 hour delay. They’re calling for more snow next week. CALGON, TAKE ME AWAY!!
2. How do you homeschooling mama’s do it? I love my children and would die for them, but oh, the joy of watching them get on the school bus every day cannot compare!
3. Pursuant to #1, I haven’t done a whole lot around the house this week. Except, oh, FINISHED MY FEDERAL AND STATE TAXES. BOOYAH!! We’re getting a Whopping, huge, ridiculous amount back, unexpectedly. We’re one of those families who chooses to give too much so we have a nice amount to use for home improvements. We usually get a good amount. However, this year, well, we gave more than last year, made less (due to Jim’s leaving), and also did the home improvements that qualified for the energy credit thingy. Unfortunately, the government changed things at the end of the year and the IRS won’t be processing our return until at least mid-February. Which, frankly, STINKS. I got mine in incredibly early, I want to get my return incredibly early, too.
4. This will be, as far as I know, our last year for that return. With Jim’s self-employment we’ll be doing quarterly estimated taxes and then a payment at the end. Sigh.
5. A family member who had previously been in an independent-living facility is moving to an assisted living/nursing home facility. Required: Cleaning out her current home. This will be a fairly involved project.
6. We’re again having to fight the kids’ insurance company. Now that they are the primary insurance, they are denying some medication that Laura has been taking for 3 or 4 months to control her nighttime bedwetting (DDAVP). She doesn’t take pills (they cover the pills), but uses the nasal spray instead. I’m going to google “how to teach your kid to take pills” after I finish this post!
7. Our pastor’s wife, Summer, came over this week. We were talking about my organizing business and my lack of marketing knowledge. She jumped right in with some great ideas–it seems that this is one of her “gifts”–being an “Idea Person”. LOVED IT! One of them was a newsletter…I’ve already finished the first draft and am waiting for her editor remarks. I’d love to be working now, but other than word-of-mouth, which all of my business has come from, I really struggle with how to get my name out there. So, if y’all need someone, drop me a line!