1. Bennett, Laura and Catie have 2 1/2 days left of school and Ethan has 7. Let the chaos begin!
2. It’s a peaceful and quiet day here at the house. Thank the good Lord! Tuesday and Wednesday was non-stop jackhammering all day. Yesterday was loading up dump truck after dump truck with dirt and then pouring concrete. I can’t believe the progress four guys have made in three days. Today the concrete is setting, they are putting down gravel and taking off the forms. I don’t know what else. It’s just QUIET and for that, I’m grateful.
3. I’ve been reading a lot lately about international adoption. Of special needs kids. Here and here especially. When I got my tubes tied 7 years ago it was because my hands and heart were full. We were done. But sometimes I feel something deep inside, like maybe I’m not done. I’ll be thinking and praying about it. And if God wants me to do this, He’d better tell Jim, too!
4. Catie was home Mon-Wed. Thurs Laura had to go to the orthodontist. Today Bennett is home with strep throat. What a way to end the school year!
5. I’m reminded again that I dislike shoe shopping. What other women find immense pleasure in is an exercise in futility with my flipping WIDE feet. My sneakers are 7 2E. Buying sandals for the summer is so difficult!
(Edited to add I found a pair at a yard sale for $2! SCORE)
6. We are going through the re-evaluation process for Ethan’s home services. We’ve had behavioral therapy here since the middle of February. While I see a difference in the other kids (more willing to share, more willing to play with etc), I haven’t seen that much of a change in Ethan. This next session is four months, and I’m really hoping that there will be a difference in him at the end.
7. Swimming lessons start this coming week. I’m so thrilled for the kids!