It’s the 28th of May. How in the WORLD did THAT HAPPEN??
1. Today was Achievement Day at Overbrook School for the Blind. Ethan got a certificate for strides in eating better. As always, I am in awe at how amazing that school is. We are so very blessed to have Ethan attend there.
2. Jim has been working insane amounts of hours for the past two weeks. He leaves normal time and gets home around 10:30 at night, gets up and does the same thing. Thank goodness it’s a three day weekend!
3. A lot of things are going on with our church right now. May I remind you that I HATE change? More on this at a later date when things are more firm.
4. Ethan’s visit to Hershey this past Tuesday resulted in a request for 2 weeks of “day treatment”, whereby he is there from 8:30-4:30 M-F, working all day on his chewing. The letter of medical necessity went out today from the pediatrician’s office. I’m really hoping that they just approve it without any need for arguing on my part, but I don’t know that I have any faith that it may actually come true.
5. We have a new rule in our home for Catie. If she doesn’t obey–THE FIRST TIME–and we have to tell her something a second time, she spends an hour in her room for each infraction. We’ll see if it helps. See #4’s last sentence for my positiveness that it will work.
6. The engineer approved our drawings, so they are now at the township zoning guy’s, to see if he approves them. Our contractor is hoping to break ground by the end of next week. We were supposed to start this in early April, so I’m not really holding my breath!
7. In honor of Memorial Day, here is a video.