1. The week zoomed by again! I can’t believe how quickly time is going now that school is counting down. Bennett, Laura and Catie have 5 1/2 weeks left. Ethan has 6 1/2. ::shaking my head:: I can’t believe this school year had gone this quickly!
2. I’m sporting a new “do” today. My stylist was in a chatty mood and for some reason, with stylists, chatting and cutting go hand in hand. It’s cute. I only hope Jim likes it, because it’s rather short!
3. We have been enjoying the most amazing weather this week. It’s been shorts and tee shirts, windows open and sunshine most of the time. Can I tell you just how much easier it is getting the kids ready (especially Ethan!) in the morning when it’s just a pair of shorts, a tee shirt and sandals? WooHoo! Of course, I’m sure our regularly scheduled spring will be back next week!
4. My husband is 41. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! We’re the same age again until November when I again become older than him.
5. I used Ethan’s Braille typewriter this week to make some phrase flash cards (I would like a turn on the TV please. I would like to play with you please…etc). It’s part of the behavioral therapist’s plan to help Ethan verbalize his wants and needs instead of kicking and hitting. I would love to claim that I had no problem typing it, but I admit to cheating a bit. I have a “Braille font” on Word. I typed the sentences in, changed the font to Braille and then typed what I saw. For those of you who have never seen a Brailled typewriter it looks nothing like a regular typewriter. Hm… here it is:
There are six keys for the six dots of the Braille cell, and the middle button is a space button. The key on the far left is down and the one on the right is backspace. It takes a bit of getting used to, and Ethan is way faster than I because he uses it way more than I do, but I’m very proud of my offering!
6. I made brownies this afternoon. Trying to be more healthy, I changed the 1/2 oil to 1/4 cup oil and 1/4 cup applesauce. The brownies taste fine, but they are much more cake-like than I like. I want ooey-gooey-moist brownies. I’m guessing next time I’ll just use the oil and forget about the healthier aspect of it!
7. Freecycle came through again! Our church’s VCR was eating tapes, so I put out a request for a DVD/VCR player. The very next day I got a response! I went on a little roadtrip and got it. It just needed to have the VCR heads cleaned and now it works perfectly. And it was FREE! Seriously, people, if you need anything or want to get rid of something that doesn’t need to be thrown out, I encourage you to check out your local Freecycle organization.