It’s been a long week over here. If you live in the eastern part of the U.S. you completely understand. If, however, you don’t, let me revisit it for you:
1. Last Friday/Saturday we received somewhere in the vicinity of 28 inches of snow.
2. The sun came out, the snow plows and blowers and shovels appeared and we dug ourselves out.
3. Until Wednesday, when SNOWMAGGEDON appeared. 24 more inches of the white stuff. And I use “stuff” to protect your eyes, because believe me I want to use another inappropriate word!
4. We dug out yet again. School was canceled Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. And Monday is a national holiday, so this is like another winter break. Only with no new toys to tempt them with.
5. I finally got out to get milk this afternoon. On the way home I was listening to our local “all news all the time” station and they are predicting 4-8″ on Monday night.
6. Oh. My. Word! You have GOT to be kidding me! This winter has broken all the records since we’ve been taking records in the 1800’s!
7. We spent the bulk of our “Christmas money” on buying a snow blower in December during the first big snow. All of the snowless January I questioned that decision. Now I’m extremely grateful we did it.
8. Spring, please come quickly!