1. 4 WEEKS UNTIL CHRISTMAS!!!!!
2. Now that I’ve got your attention, I’ll be repeating my actions of last year and the many years before and avoiding the craziness of shopping today. I do most of my shopping from the comfort of my own chair. The internet is a great way to save gas, money and sanity!
3. Jim and I and the kids had a terrific Thanksgiving dinner with my family. No drama, just lots of laughter, amazing food, good visiting and conversation and happy memories.
4. I am having the thankful task of sending off my final payment for Laura’s orthodontia. I included a very nice letter for the amazing staff who worked with us–I have nothing but excellent things to say about them and wanted them to know it.
5. Jim and I have both come down with a cold. Fortunately I’m married to one of those apparently rare species of men that isn’t a baby about being sick. No Man Cold’s here, thank you very much!
6. Our outside Christmas lights are up and apparently we’re going to get our tree this weekend. Sunday is supposed to be sunny and in the low 50’s so that seems the most likely candidate. Although for a few years we stomped through the “cut your own” place, getting frozen and miserable, last year we bypassed that and drove one mile to Home Depot and picked one out for 1/2 the price that did just fine. I’m hoping we get to do that again–not that I don’t want to give the kids happy memories, but how happy are shivering complaining children who have to walk a mile to go to the bathroom?
7. As we approach the coming Christmas Season, may we keep the real reason in our hearts and minds and not get too caught up in what the world thinks is important. Jesus loves us, this we know, for the bible tell us so. Amen!