2. I’m making my way again through Jan Karon’s Miford Series. EXCELLENT books. If you haven’t read them, I highly recommend it. I cry at least once in every book. Every time I read them, which I’ve done multiple times.
3. I had a friend from high school over yesterday with four of her five kids. A good time was had by all. VERY NICE having some visiting time with a fellow mom of school age kids. But I have to admit, having my kids all together within 19 months, I can’t imagine having a college-age child and a three year old. That’s some serious spacing! 18, 12, 10, 8 and 3.
4. I’ve been off the Byetta for 2 1/2 months and have gained back 5 lbs. While that’s not bad, it’s also not great. It’s my plan to start back up again in September and see if giving my body a break from it will help with a) the daily pain in my legs and b) the tolerance I had built up. I don’t HAVE to be on Byetta, but it definitely helped with regulating my blood sugar and not being hungry.
5. As mentioned in #1, there are only 17 days left until school. I have not received any paperwork from the school or the teachers and thusly still have no idea what they need. That’s a little short with the notice, when it comes to buying at WalMart and dealing with empty shelves.
6. I was listening to Ethan read out loud yesterday. From a child who just “got it” in December, his reading is at about a 2nd grade level. Amazing. Truly amazing. I spoke with the head of the elementary program at Overbrook this past week and he’s going into a different classroom this coming year…one that is “more academic”. ::buttons popping off:: I’m hoping the kids will be more mature and help him to mature as well. Right now we think he’s about four on the social/emotional scale.
7. We’re going to Dutch Wonderland this coming week. It’s one of our favorite things to do as a family. Unfortunately, with Jim’s mom being so sick (she always goes with us) we were unable to use the pre-bought-at-a-discount-price “senior” ticket. I called DW and asked if I could turn it in and buy a regular ticket and explained our situation. Their response? Just bring anyone (senior or not) and use it. Really?? Wow! Thank you, Dutch Wonderland! That was extremely nice of you!