1. Good morning and a Happy Friday to my many, many (ok, maybe three) readers!! Today is Jim’s last day of work before vacation, so I’m writing this with a definite cheery voice. If you could see me–tired of course–it would still be with a smile on my face as I anticipate seeing my husband for….um just did the math 15 days straight. Halleluia!
2. T Minus 5 Days and counting. My fridge is starting to look bare. I’m only buying what I KNOW we’re going to eat because I can’t see leaving perfectly good food around for 10 days to let it turn green. ::shudder::
3. Tonight Jim and I are attending a wedding for some good friends. They live locally to us and have even invited us to their respective birthday parties, so I’ve met their families and will actually have something to talk about with them instead of the regular “hi, I’m a friend of Steph’s. And you are?….” that normally happens.
4. Tonight is also the last night of Vacation Bible School. The kids have been going this week and having a really nice time. Ethan is attending for the first time–just couldn’t handle it in previous years–and is also having fun. The church essentially assigned him an aide, which is so incredible to me. We have been SO blessed over the years with people bending over backwards for the children and their issues.
5. We got the kids’ report cards. I’m bursting with pride! They got all 2’s and 3’s and good comments. Bennett is reading “at grade level” and Laura is “above grade level”. Catie did excellently in kindergarten and is already starting to read better than L or B at that age. LOVE IT!!
6. Speaking of reading, here’s the neat quote of the week. We were at the library on Tuesday and I was helping Laura pick out a book (or 6). She said she loved reading and I agreed that I loved it too–that there were so many good books out there to read. Her comment? “And I’ve got the rest of my life to read!” Awwwwww!
7. We’re off the vet this morning. Poor Floyd won’t bear any weight on his right front paw. Four children AND a cat at once place. This is going to be interesting!