1. In Which I Learn to Say Yes:
I tend to be a “no” kind of person. Really. It’s safer at home, thankyouverymuch. I’m way too busy to do THAT. Sorry, no, I just can’t.
Get this, though. My kids are in school full time. And suddenly I’m not being that NO person anymore. It’s LIBERATING to say YES.
You need help at the funeral playing piano? I’ve never done that before, but ok, I can do that.
You need help setting up the food and stuff at the reception for the funeral? My kids are in school. Sure.
You need help putting the church back together now that the funeral is over? My kids are in school, I’d love to come!
You’re feeling sick and can’t lead worship? Um….I guess so. (still working on being happy about that!)
I don’t know if its’ turning 40, or having the kids gone all day or both or something else, but I’m loving this new found confidence and ability to say YES.
2. Catie took a good look at me a few days ago. Her comment? “Mom, you’re having a bad hair day today.”
3. Good Day Sunshine! Halleluia, the rain has finally stopped and spring is springing out all over. Yesterday, Today and tomorrow are sunny and in the high 60’s to low 70’s. I just want to run around singing “Oh, What a beautiful morning!”
4. One of the three really big yard sales that I go to each year is tomorrow. I’m rubbing my hands in anticipation of the deals I’m going to find. I love buying birthday presents and clothes at yard sales! SO MUCH CHEAPER!
5. The kids went back to school on Tuesday. Oh, how they needed it! I love the first couple of days of vacation (the sleeping in!), but after that they just get on each others’ nerves. All of them, but Ethan especially, need the structured environment of school. All but one day we had playdates or visiting family, but still!
6. I went to McDonald’s today to get a vanilla latte. It’s not quite as good as Starbucks, but it’s 25 minutes closer and a dollar cheaper. I’ll deal.
7. There is only two months left of school. I can’t believe how quickly this school year has flown by!