It’s going to be a challenge to come up with 7 things, but I’m going to give it the old college try.
1. Where in the world did the old college try come from? Why do we say it anyway?
2. When our local WalMart remodeled, they removed a lot of things. One of them being the microwavable meals that Ethan eats every day at school. Thusly, I am now going to another grocery story in another town, because my town only has a Super WalMart. (It’s a small town, people, trust me.) While I like Weis (local store), it’s not a one-stop-shopping place and it’s 7 or 8 minutes farther than WM. So I go there once a month to get E’s food and buy tea, because their tea selection ROCKS and WM’s SUCKS.
3. Potty training continues to be the challenge that it normally is with every three year old. Except it’s with one of my seven year olds. Some days (2 days ago) it’s a mess from start to finish, as well as fighting with his aide at school. Yesterday he was dry all day and went #2 on the potty twice. Lots of m&m’s for my boy yesterday.
4. Jim got home at midnight last night. He’s working from home today. We’ll actually get to see him!
5. I wonder if Mary (Jesus’ mom) ever complained about laundry? It’s the bane of my existance.
6. We’re supposed to get 3-6″ of snow tomorrow. Of course, we were supposed to have a massive ice storm earlier this week and ended up getting rain, so I’ll believe it when I see it.
7. Two of the people I’ve been praying for died this week. Coleman Scott, a little boy with medulablastoma earned his wings after a long drawn out fight. Mark Lamberth, whom I have been praying for since Christmas, joined Coleman in heaven yesterday. Both are with the Lord and not suffering, but please pray for their families. Coleman leaves behind a mom and dad and his twin brother Caden. Mark has a wife and son Nolan.
That’s it for me this Friday. I’m off to do dishes, laundry, and straighten some of my house.